Unable To Export

Jim Frame

Well-Known Member
I have a project that I've been working on -- off and on -- for several months, and my habit has been to download the Star*Net vectors and a project zip file at the end of each field day. Today I was unable to do either -- the zip process ends with a message something like "Cannot create zip," and the Star*Net vector file appears to be created but then doesn't exist on the thumb drive. I thought maybe the thumb drive was getting full, so I deleted files I don't need and ended up with 14GB of free space, then tried again. Same problem. I tried a different thumb drive, same result.

I have about 60 projects on the LS, but almost all of them are really small. The project I'm working on has less than 1,000 points, but it has a bunch of big base files.

When I browse files I see what might be an attempt to create the zip file -- it has the project name and today's date, and is 500.63MB. But it displays as being in media/usbcard/ even though there's no USB drive plugged in. I also noticed something strange when I connected to the base before stopping it today: it didn't display the recording time. However, it seemed to stop and download the file normally.

Suggestions?
 

Michael Stazhkov

Developer
Staff member
5PLS
Is S/N 252 your device? I have tried to reproduce the issue but without success. Could you try to export to SD card or internal memory to exclude problem with USB.
Also when you reproduce the issue please send log to support (Support -> Send Log to Support).
 

Jim Frame

Well-Known Member
Yes, that's my receiver. I just got back in the office, and I was able to download both a project zip file and a Star*Net vector file. However, while the zip file appears to contain all the data, the vector file doesn't include points collected yesterday or today, even though I specified all project points. When I exported a g-file, all points appear to have come through. What might be causing that?
 

Jim Frame

Well-Known Member
Also, the T2 file from yesterday (June 24) looks like it got corrupted somehow. When I convert to RINEX it shows a start date of June 12 and an end date of June 13. OPUS and DPOS results are both bad, though OPUS is much worse than DPOS. I tried downloading it directly from the T2 (after first pulling it out of the LS), but got the same result.
 

Jim Frame

Well-Known Member
I spoke too soon. The OPUS result of the direct-download file came out bad again, but the DPOS file worked well.
 

Jim Frame

Well-Known Member
File 3473_203112.jps: this is true June,12 file.

If it is, I'd be interested in knowing who collected it, as I was in the office all day on June 12.

I used this base point on June 8, June 9, June 24 and June 25. The project zip archive has base files with creation dates of June 8, June 9, June 24 and June 25. 3473_203112.jps is the June 24 file. When converted to RINEX and run through OPUS, it fails badly, with 81% fixed ambiguities, 46% observations used, and peak-to-peak ranges on the order of 0.8 m. All other OPUS results for this base point resolve at the 1-cm level. Something is "different" about this file.
 
Top